Welcome, New Customer
When you start water service you agreed to the following:
- Applicant agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the Board of Trustees, now in force or that may be hereafter adopted by said Board.
- Applicant agrees to pay the established water rate provided by the Board of Trustees and such other cost and penalties as may accrue against above property by reason of damage to meter by hot water, freezing, willful or accidental damage.
- Applicant agrees to give immediate written notice to the office of the Council Bluffs Water Works in case of removal, vacancy or sale of property.
- Applicant agrees to make a security deposit with the Council Bluffs Water Works in such amount as required by the rules of the Water Works Board of Trustees. The Council Bluffs Water Works agrees to pay simple interest on such deposit at the rate of 5% per annum. This deposit, with any accrues interest, will be returned to applicant after a period of four years of no delinquency of payment due to the Water Works from applicant. If the account is closed before completion of said four-year period, any amount due for water, service and such other charges that may have accrued against applicant will be deducted otherwise due to applicant and balance, if any, will be refunded to applicant.
- Applicant agrees to keep meter and shut-off head of meter clear of obstruction and accessible at all reasonable hours.
- All water fees will be charged direct to the applicant. Failure to pay for water service and such other cost as may accrue against said property in accordance with statements issued from the office of the Council Bluffs Water Works, as they become due and payable, shall cause the service at such property to be discontinued, and a service fee must be paid, in addition to the regular statement, before the water will be turned on at said service.
- Applicant agrees to allow regular authorized agents of the Council Bluffs Water Works access to the above property at all reasonable hours, for the purpose of inspection, placing and removing meters, reading meters and shutting off water service.
- It is understood and agreed that water rates may be adjusted from time to time to meet revenue needs for operating the Water Works.
- That in case of violation of any of the rules and regulations adopted by the Board of Trustees, the regular authorized agent of said Water Works shall have authority to turn off any water service where the owner, tenant or the agent or representative of such owner or tenant is guilty of such violation.
If you require further explanation or clarification, please call a Customer Service Representative at 712-328-1006, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM for assistance.